There are few things better than a lake, friends, beverages and a seemingly endless supply of chips.
I decided to extend my birthday into birthWEEK™. A cottage weekend, two birthday dinners, a spontaneous day away and tickets to see Cavalia’s Odysseo this week followed by Florence and the Machine Thursday and NYC for the long weekend. Might consider expanding to birthMONTH™.
Right before we departed for the cottage a package arrived from the lovely folks at Canadian Club to celebrate their new drink, Mixed & Ready, and their cover contest for unsigned Canadian bands. The swag was perfect for our weekend away and the contest sounds like something any musician could appreciate.
The C.C. Mixed & Ready Cover Challenge is looking for undiscovered Canadian bands to submit their own unique version of one of five Canadian songs previously made popular by inspiring Canadian acts:
- Superman’s Dead, originally recorded by Our Lady Peace;
- Striptease, originally recorded by Hawksley Workman;
- Fat Lip, originally recorded by Sum 41;
- Steal My Sunshine, originally recorded by Len; and
- Pullin’ Punches, originally recorded by The Arkells